Inspired in part by my friend and blogger Ashley Jones of BigSisterKnows.com (whose recipes are amazing!), I’d like to share here a simple and quick Christmas treat idea.
I don’t do complicated, and since I’m a working girl or would rather be writing, I’m all for easy ideas in the kitchen. Many of you students and working friends can relate.
So here’s my solution for when today is suddenly the Christmas party, and you have little time to spare.
Hug the Pretzel and Kiss it with an M&M.
- You’ll need: a bag of M&Ms (your favorite kind), a bag of pretzels (whatever is small and on sale), and Hershey’s Hugs (just because they’re pretty).
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover your cookie sheet(s) with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, and evenly spread pretzels. Top each pretzel with a Hug.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes. Hugs should still have their shape but be soft.
- Squish an M&M on each Hug. You’re not supposed to spill the M&Ms, but I did! (The pan is still warm, so the Hugs will continue to melt after you take them out of the oven.)
- Immediately refrigerate (pan and all) until ready to serve.
- Oh yes, and try one (or two or three or…)
This idea isn’t original with me. You can find numerous variations on Pinterest.
Wishing you all a merry and less-stress Christmas!